Thursday 16 June 2016

Parker 96R - Long Handle Open Double Edge Safety Razor Review- Looks better in the picture, but works well.

This is a good razor, I think. My other experience is with $10 Weishi razors, and I do feel this Parker is superior to those, just not $20 superior.

It has some issues. One is the stupid metal collar/bezel right below the head. It rattles (hopefully it will get clogged up with soap and stop doing that). Also, it is not clear why it is even there (what is it even covering up?). It appears to be made of painted steel, and clashes with the anodized aluminum handles and chromed brass the rest of the razor presents.



Mechanical action is fine but no smoother than my $10 weishi razors. Perhaps it is more durable, but it feels no better or worse.

Shave is a tad closer, more aggressive. Also, this razor has some heft, so it feels more manly and stuff. If this matters to you, consider this for your first DE razor vs the lighter and smaller Weishi.

For $30, I'd hoped for a better razor. While this is a fine deal for a tool which will last for years, it's not gift-worthy, which is another reason I was trying out this model. It's a Timex dressed up as a Rolex; it works fine but looks like a cheap imitation of something else. Give me this same razor without the rattly decorations so I can give a few away without embarrassment. The big "INDIA" cast into the bottom of the head looks cheezy, too.

Read it also: 

Parker 96R - Long Handle Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor

No comments:

Post a Comment